With Hurricane Delta's landfall moving closer, watch areas were upgraded to warnings Wednesday night by the National Hurricane Center.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
Sabine Pass to Ocean Springs, Mississippi including Calcasieu Lake, Vermilion Bay, Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Maurepas, Lake Borgne, and Mobile Bay
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
High Island, TX to Sabine Pass
East of Ocean Springs, MS to the Mississippi/Alabama border
STORM SURGE: The combination of a dangerous storm surge and the tide will cause normally dry areas near the coast to be flooded by rising waters moving inland from the shoreline. The water could reach the following heights above ground somewhere in the indicated areas if the peak surge occurs at the time of high tide...
- Pecan Island to Port Fourchon, LA including Vermilion Bay...7-11 ft
- Cameron, LA to Pecan Island, LA...4-7 ft
- Port Fourchon, LA to the Mouth of the Mississippi River...4-6 ft
- Mouth of the Mississippi River to Ocean Springs, MS...3-5 ft
- Lake Borgne, Lake Pontchartrain, and Lake Maurepas...3-5 ft
- Ocean Springs, MS to MS/AL border...2-4 ft
- High Island, TX to Cameron, LA including Calcasieu Lake...2-4 ft
- MS/AL border to the AL/FL border including Mobile Bay...1-3 ft
- Sabine Lake...1-3 ft
- Port O'Connor, TX to High Island, TX including Galveston Bay...1-3 ft
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
East of Sabine Pass to Morgan City, Louisiana
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
San Luis Pass, Texas to Sabine Pass
East of Morgan City, Louisiana to the mouth of the Pearl River, including New Orleans
Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
East of the mouth of the Pearl River to Bay St. Louis Mississippi