Ascension Parish President Clint Cointment has activated two pumping stations after Monday morning's heavy rains.
"I have instructed my staff to activate the Marvin Braud and Sorrento pumping stations," Cointment said.
The Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office is reporting the following roads are closed due to high water:
- Highway 44 at Airline
- Highway 30 at S.Cabela's Parkway
- S. Outfitters Drive
- N. Burnside at East Roosevelt Street
- George Rouyea Road at Black Bayou Road
- Ringer Street
- W. Orice Roth at S. Lanoux Road
- East Fabian Street
- W. Cornerview west of Highway 44
- Alexander Ave at East Cornerview Road
- Highway 44 at East Verna Street
- Highway 44 at W. Orice Roth
- Country Drive at Palmetto Lane
- Highway 44 at Black Bayou Road
- East Angela Street at S. Tiffani Ave.
The parish is making sandbags available at the following locations as the threat of heavy rains continues through mid-week:
- Butch Gore Park, Harry Savoy Rd, St. Amant
- 7th District Fire Dept. Roddy Rd, Gonzales
- Fire Station #1 Hwy 61, Gonzales
- Prairieville Fire Dept. Hwy 73 @ Miller Rd, Prairieville
- Jackie Roberson Park, Coco Rd, Geismar
- 5th Ward Fire Dept. Hwy 22 @ Astroland Subd., Darrow
- Stevens Park, Cannon Rd, St. Amant
- DPW West, 725 Church Street - Donaldsonville
Southeast Louisiana is now under a flash flood watch until 7pm Tuesday.