Carbon monoxide poisoning is being blamed for the death of two people over the weekend in Baker.
The East Baton Rouge Parish coroner identified the victims as 34-year-old Dominique Holden and her eight-year-old daughter. The fire was already out when firefighters arrived on the scene shortly before 6:30 Saturday morning.
The State Fire Marshal's Office says the cause of the fire is blamed on unattended cooking materials being left on the stove.
Copyright © 2019 TTWN Media Networks LLC Photo: Getty Images