With the winter chill moving on and spring approaching, many Louisiana residents are turning to outdoor projects or even just a good spring cleaning. But that brings with it an unexpected fire hazard - the threat of spontaneous ignition of chemical-soaked rags or other items. Recent incidents across the state, including one in Prairieville, has prompted the State Fire Marshal's Office to issue a warning. Ashley Rodrigue with the office has some tips for you to avoid having this happen at your home.
Of Interest To You is a weekly public affairs program of iHeartRadio Baton Rouge. You can listen to this week's episode below.