Woodlawn Middle Evacuated After Gym Bleachers Begin Smoking

posted by WJBO Newsradio - 

Smoke Getty Images

There are no reports of injury or significant damage due to a slightly bizarre situation at a Baton Rouge school Monday.

The St. George Fire Department says Woodlawn Middle School was evacuated yesterday afternoon as a precaution after a motor malfunctioned that powered a set of folding bleachers in the gym.

There was some smoke created by the faulty equipment but classes were allowed to resume about a half-hour later.

Copyright © 2018 TTWN Media Networks LLC Photo: Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here