Baton Rouge Rec Centers Could Double As Emergency Shelters

posted by WJBO Newsradio -

Three recreation centers are being designed to meet FEMA standards so they can double as an emergency shelter.

The plans by Baton Rouge Recreation and Parks come after the 2016 flood highlighted housing needs for emergency personnel.

If FEMA approves of the plans, BREC would be responsible for 25 percent of the costs, while the federal government would cover the remaining 75 percent.

The facilities would ensure that emergency workers could quickly respond to nearby disasters while giving them a safe place to rest.

Copyright © 2018 TTWN Media Networks LLC

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.