Chemical Leak At Dutchtown High Sends 22 To Hospital

Emergency

Officials are giving the all clear at Dutchtown High School after a strong chemical odor sent nearly two dozen to the hospital.

Reports of students complaining about headaches and nausea were made around 8:30 this morning, sending 22 to the hospital for minor symptoms.

The Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office says the fumes came from a leak on a commercial lawnmower and entered the building through the AC vents.

The school was initially evacuated, but students were later allowed to move back into unaffected buildings.

Copyright © 2019 TTWN Media Networks LLC Photo: Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here