Man Critically Injured In Baton Rouge House Fire

Fire Engine Fire Line Tape Getty

A burn victim is in the hospital in critical condition after an accidental house fire Tuesday evening on Shelley Street.

Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said the man was cleaning tools with a flammable liquid and then lit a lighter, causing the fumes to flash.

Monte said the fire was quickly contained before it could spread.

Officials say a female resident of the home escaped the blaze unharmed, but the man remains in critical condition.

Copyright © 2019 TTWN Media Networks LLC Photo: Getty Images

title

Content Goes Here