With the threat of heavy rains for Baton Rouge from Alberto over the Memorial Day weekend, city-parish officials have set up sandbag locations for residents.
Sand and bags are available at the following BREC sites:
• BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
• BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Meyer Road
• BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
• BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 South Flannery Road
• BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
• BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
• BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
Residents should bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags. Real-time sandbag locations can also be found here.
Forecasters are calling for the Baton Rouge area to see between 2 to 4 inches of rain through Tuesday, though locally heavier amounts are possible.
Photo: Getty Images