After surveying hiring managers, online site CareerBuilder released some of
the craziest excuses they reported hearing from employees this past year for why
they arrived to work late. They include:
- Dropped her purse into a coin-operated newspaper box and couldn't get it
back because her change was in the purse.
- Accidentally left the apartment with his roommate's girlfriend's shoes on
and had to back to change.
- Angry wife had frozen his truck keys in a glass of water in the freezer.
- Got late start because she was putting a raincoat on her cement duck in her
front yard because rain was expected.
- Car wouldn't start because the Breathalyzer showed he was intoxicated.
- Attempted to cut his own hair before work and the clippers stopped working,
so he had to wait for the barbershop to open to fix his hair.
- Bear attacked his car (had photographic evidence).
- Drove to her previous employer by mistake.
- Delivered a stranger's baby on the side of the highway.