Posted February 8th, 2013 @ 10:54am
After surveying hiring managers, online site CareerBuilder released some of
the craziest excuses they reported hearing from employees this past year for why
they arrived to work late. They include:
- Dropped her purse into a coin-operated newspaper box and couldn't get it
back because her change was in the purse.
- Accidentally left the apartment with his roommate's girlfriend's shoes on
and had to back to change.
- Angry wife had frozen his truck keys in a glass of water in the freezer.
- Got late start because she was putting a raincoat on her cement duck in her
front yard because rain was expected.
- Car wouldn't start because the Breathalyzer showed he was intoxicated.
- Attempted to cut his own hair before work and the clippers stopped working,
so he had to wait for the barbershop to open to fix his hair.
- Bear attacked his car (had photographic evidence).
- Drove to her previous employer by mistake.
- Delivered a stranger's baby on the side of the highway.